30 March 2009

Stereotypes are fun!

Surprisingly, the commercial I've found that I hate most during the NCAA tournament did not show up during the opening days of the tournament. At least, I don't think it did. Maybe I saw it during the Saturday and Sunday games last weekend ... the days kind of blended together. Regardless of when it showed up in the rotation, I've been seeing it a lot lately. Let me give you the summary from the YouTube page featuring the ad:

A outrageously funny commercial by Heineken again showing the fundamental differences between the 2 sexes.


Hahahahahahaha! Oh, Heineken. You're so clever. Women like clothes! Men like beer! And men like beer so much, they'll go crazy over it just like women go crazy over a fancy closet full of ... your own clothes and shoes? Um, yay?



What.ever. If that walk-in refrigerator was full of beer that didn't taste like ass, then maybe I'd be excited. Why not make everyone happy and have a walk-in closet/refrigerator so you can drink beer while enjoying your nicely organized clothes? Make yourself useful, Heineken. Honestly. Why didn't you just make this the script for your commercial?

OH MY GOD, IT IS ON RIGHT NOW. And since I'm watching The Daily Show, it's clearly not confined to basketball. Dammit.

1 comment:

Little Ms Blogger said...

The only thing that could have made this commercial worse is if the women were all wearing aprons and were carrying frying pans....

I haven't seen this commercial.