18 March 2009

Noooooooooooooo!

I woke up in a panic early this morning. I'd somehow forgotten to fill out my brackets and the tournament had started!

Wait. What day is it? Do I have to go to work tomorrow?

Whew. It was all just a dream. For whatever reason, I tend to put off filling out my brackets until the lastish minute. I was planning on doing it yesterday because I was supposed to go to happy hour tonight and filling out my brackets drunk is not a good idea. Or is it? I usually just whip through it without thinking much, anyway. I go into some sort of trance and five minutes later, I'm done and I don't remember a thing. I'll be absolutely certain I picked that particular 12 seed to upset in the first round, but I'll go back and look later and oops. Not that 12 seed. A different one.

Really, if I spend a lot of time thinking about it and second-guessing myself, it'll make the wrong picks that much more painful. Why do that to myself?

But tonight, I've done my brackets with a clear head and centered self after yoga. And I've not even been home long enough to finish a glass of wine, so my picks won't be booze-addled. I'm sure my brackets (all three of them) will be busted by 3:00 p.m. tomorrow. I only do well once every few years, and my Jesus statue is just two years old. Well, I won it two years ago. I didn't get it until six months later.

The brackets are secondary, really. I'm in for four whole days of pretty much wall-to-wall college basketball. And no work! More annoying commercials than you can shake a stick at. I can stay up late tonight and get tipsy. Life is goooooood.

(Oh my God. ESPN has a countdown on the ticker for how much time is left to fill out your brackets. Just 13 hours and 40 minutes and 19 seconds left! I got in just under the wire.)

6 comments:

Umbrella said...

Ha! I'm taking tomorrow off, so I am doing an experiment. The bracket I am filling out tonight is absolutely booze addled. I'm ready to see how my drunk bracket fares against my "good" bracket.

Oh, and my word verification was crunt. Don't think THAT didn't make me do a double take.

Jess said...

Hahahahahahahaha. Crunt. It would have been better if it was "cunt." But what can you do?

I should have done one drunk bracket. Dammit. Too late for that this year.

thatgirl said...

Love the title of your blog!!

Jess said...

Oh, why thank you!

Jerious Norwood said...

By the way Jess, your bracket ain't lookin' too good. I ain't sayin', I just sayin'

Jess said...

That's a far more charitable assessment than most would give.