21 March 2009

My world has gone topsy-turvey.

I've never been a fan of mushrooms. I've always quite hated them in fact. There's something about the texture, I think, that just turns me off. Well, unless they are deep-fried. Then I'll eat the hell out of some mushrooms. But really, what isn't good when it's deep fried?

However, over the last couple of weeks, for whatever strange fucking reason, I've been very intrigued by portobellos. So intrigued that I actually bought some to try out in a recipe. I made the dish tonight while watching Day Three of basketball weekend. As it turns out, the Portobello Penne Pasta Casserole is fan-fucking-tastic (with the changes I made, anyway). Seriously. It's SO. GOOD.

Maybe it's all just a part of growing up. Someday, I will be an adult!

It's nice that I did find something good today, since my brackets are so fucking bad. And the weekend is nearing the end. Work is right around the corner. So is rain. Not much to look forward to that I can see. BOO. Going back to reality kinda totally sucks.

11 comments:

Daddy Geek Boy said...

If growing up means I'm going to have to start eating mushrooms, then I'm not growing up.

Jess said...

Yeah, I'm thinking it's more the increasing sophistication of my palate and not my increasing maturity. Because that's just not happening any time soon.

Jerious Norwood said...

I agree, this whole reality thing suck ass. WAAAA!

Jess said...

Boo, life and responsibilities. Boo!

Jerious Norwood said...

Make it go away!

Jess said...

I find drinking helps, albeit only temporarily.

Jerious Norwood said...

Check

Jess said...

A temporary fix is better than no fix at all, right?

Sure, I've spent the day dreading the coming work week, but after a few glasses of wine, I won't give a fuck and I'll go to sleep giggly and content.

To alcohol!

Jerious Norwood said...

You're so right. A tall gin and tonic is in my future

Jess said...

I'm not often right about much, but I'm awfully confident about this.

edder said...

Mushrooms always made my boyfriend Jewbacca cry until I introduced him to the portobello.