22 March 2009

Kudos to you, vitaminwater.

You've managed to make a commercial featuring two basketball names I hate with the white-hot intensity of a thousand burning suns -- Christian Laettner and Rick Pitino -- that not only doesn't piss me off, but in fact, makes me giggle.

AND I WASN'T EVEN DRUNK when I saw it the first time. No doubt this is a sign of the end times. However, it should be noted that I enjoy the spot featuring the non-feral Steve Nash considerably more.

I did my big weekend cooking project and my laundry yesterday, which was probably something of a mistake. With tasks or activities to distract me, I can't really remember the last time I had a horribly depressing Sunday. Despite a day full of basketball, I now recall that depressing feeling of impending doom Sundays often bring.

The week ahead will be rainy and cold. I have to work late tomorrow and go in early Tuesday and Wednesday to half-assedly take part in a remote training for half of each of those days. And this half-assedness is the boss's suggestion. He knows we have work to do, but wants us to participate, so we get to do both at the same time. Awesome.

I shouldn't be complaining, though. I have a job and I'm busy. Is anyone else getting so motherfucking tired of saying that? And there is no damn end in sight. Fuck. Thank the sweet baby Jebus there is booze.

Also, my upstairs neighbor's love of Neko Case's "Middle Cyclone," is becoming a bit disconcerting. He's been playing it all weekend.

No comments: