06 February 2009

Give me my fucking money.

It is bad enough that I had to buy a fucking car last week. What's making that outlay of several thousand dollars even more fun is the fact that several people/places/things that owe me money are not ponying up.

As I totally fucking knew would happen, I've yet to receive my W2 forms from the job from which I was let go last year. My former coworkers received theirs last week, but I haven't seen jack shit. Of course, the company that did our payroll sent out the W2s and of course nothing I have at home from them has a phone number or anything like that. I've tracked them down on the web, but I have yet to receive a response to my e-mail. Naturally, this means I'll have to take time out from my day to call them and see if they can track my shit down. It's not like I moved or anything. Christ, if I have to deal with my old boss at all on this, I will NEVER get to file my fucking taxes.

I've already spent a good bit of time on the phone with the company that does our flex plan, because they denied part of my last claim, paid a bit and have about $250 listed as "pending." I shelled out the money that my insurance didn't cover for my glasses, so there's no reason to deny that. There's absolutely no fucking reason to deny my birth control prescription or my Claritin. Oh, it's okay. I was only counting on that money to help pay my rent and you know, buy food. Assholes.

The Super Bowl has come and gone, which means fantasy football season has long since ended. Stoner commish said he'd get our finances done over the holidays, yet last week when I checked, the same amount was listed on my account as had been at the beginning of the season. When I e-mailed to ask (ever so delicately and politely), "When am I going to get my goddamn money?" He said he'd get it to me when people paid him. Um, how the fuck can people know how much to pay IF YOU DON'T TELL THEM WHAT THEY OWE? Again, I asked that in as polite a manner as possible. At least I got somewhere with that. He updated the finances and told people to send him money. I'm sure I'll be waiting until the season starts for those jerkoffs to pay. If I don't have my money soon, I might just fucking quit.

Seriously, you take on the responsibility to be the commissioner of the league, you need to live up to those responsibilities. One of the (many, many, many) straws that broke the camel's back with the Cheating Asshole Ex-Boyfriend was the fact that he screwed his friends out of their fantasy football money. He was the commissioner and took all of their money at the beginning of the season (what a novel idea!) and then apparently spent it. Being the cocky asshole that he (no doubt still) is, he must have thought he'd win and not have to pay anything out. So when all was said and done and he hadn't won any money, he couldn't pay the winners either. Not fucking cool at all.

Bah. I'm exhausted and so fucking sore (those new pink gym shoes make me feel great while I'm working out, but when I wake up at 3 a.m. with my knees screaming, they seem less than awesome) and stressed and I totally intended to bug out early today, what with working most of my vacation day on Monday and staying late yesterday and Wednesday, but of course there are like, two huge rush projects looming over us. Delightful!

I'm totally going to punch someone today. Watch out, bathroom skanks.

5 comments:

.::~P~::. said...

Ah money. What a wonderful invention :S

I will gladly join you in the punching.

Jess said...

Punching is loads more fun when done with someone else.

Good news: Flex plan reimbursement will be complete on Tuesday.

Bad news: I do have to go through my old boss to get my W-2, which means I will likely never get it.

Oh well. I'm going to Sephora after work to get my birthday lip glosses. That should cheer me up.

scargosun said...

Ya know ever since you started talking about the bathroom phone people I have been noticing it more in my office. Odd.

Anyway, I will help you kick some ass in the W2 area. P's old boss just stick him with a late 1099 for work that was supposed to be under the table.

Conner said...

Jess, I know you don't know me and that we may never meet but I just want to say you look pretty today.

Smile, it's Friday. Also here is a bit of info for you on the W2 issue. http://bit.ly/3Q43Cz

Jess said...

Oooooh, that is a low move with the 1099.

Awww, thanks Conner. I'll even accept that compliment without being all "Oh, I look so gross today." Because, quite frankly, until I had to put my hair up because it's 10 billion degrees in our office, my hair looked fucking fabulous. So, again -- Thank you.

Thanks for the link. I found some similar info and I'm already making plans because space-case douche boss has never been particularly helpful. With anything. I have an aunt who is a CPA, too, so I have that going for me at tax time.