21 January 2009

The office has been infiltrated.

By the Girl Scouts. Or a Girl Scout parent, I guess. Dammit!

My workplace has been safe from those devious children for so long, I can't even recall the last time I had a chance to buy Girl Scout cookies. Oh, I'd occasionally see a table outside Rainbow. And there were the devilishly clever temptresses who would set up their table in Calhoun Square and stay well past happy hour time to lure you, buzzed and happy, into their sweet, delicious trap.

Being the horrible person that I am, I would sometimes say, "Oh no, you evil little temptresses -- you won't get me to buy your delicious cookies." Generally, it was because I spent all my money on drinking, but they don't need to know that part.

I don't think I'll get out of this without ordering a box of Thin Mints, though. Ordering one box, though ... well, that seems kind of lame. I'd better make it two. I see they have dulce de leche cookies now? Nice try, sisters. I'm not buying anything new without a sample.

The best part about this, though, is that it gives me an occasion to share one of my all-time favorite episodes from 2 Stupid Dogs, "Cookies, Ookies, Blookies."

4 comments:

Frank said...

My mom used to be regional director of, like, 5 different Girl Scout troops, so when it was cookie time, the shipment would be delivered to my house. There were so many cases of cookies stacked around, my brother and I found we could get away with taking a box or 20 without anyone noticing.

Jess said...

Oh my God. How fucking magical is that?

Daddy Geek Boy said...

Girl Scouts with cookies are evil. Eeeeeeevvilllll!

Around here, they camp out in front of ATMs, so you can't use the "I have no money right now" excuse.

Like I said....evil!

Jess said...

Holy shit. That is evil. Totally fucking brilliant, but also evil.