31 January 2009

A nice day for a drive in your new car.

Holy lovely day, Batman. It's 44 degrees right now! I was able to drive around with the windows down a bit in my new car.

Yep, that's right! I have a new car. I'm not sure the name "Barbie" is going to stick, though. For whatever reason, I feel like calling her "Lady Penelope." I'm sure I'll settle on something one of these days.

Regardless of her name, I like her. The rental I drove for a week didn't feel right at all. I just wasn't comfortable in it. But my Malibu feels like a perfect fit. It's a good car.

Once I got back to Minneapolis, I installed my Dashboard Driver Yoda. That was one of my Christmas presents from The Boy I Currently Like. I went for a drive to get quarters and supplies so I can start making food for tomorrow, but despite the bumps I drove over, he didn't say anything. I'm sure that'll change once I hit some of the shittier streets in town.

Hopefully, this marks the end of my car drama for a while. I could use a bit of a break from the stress, you know?

3 comments:

Frank said...

Your car beats the hell out of my van...the driver's side window doesn't roll up or down anymore :(

Jen said...

Yay for new car!

Jess said...

My driver's side window wasn't rolling down all the way this winter in my old car, Frank. I attributed it to the cold, but it probably wasn't the reason.

I'm totally stoked about my car. Granted, I'm sure I would be in love with whatever I ended up with, but that matters not.