17 January 2009

Men don't make passes at women who wear glasses.

That's what they say, anyway. Fortunately, I know a boy who really likes women who wear glasses.

I bought new glasses today and I fucking love them so much. They're Prada. Prada! Glasses are the only truly designer things I'll ever have. I'm okay with that. I'd show you a picture, but of course, the model I bought isn't pictured on the Lenscrafters website. Or anywhere else I can find. And as much personal shit as I post here, I rarely post pictures of myself, so ...

My eye exam went well. So well, in fact, that my vision has actually improved. Just in one eye. And my eyes are fucking terrible. I mean, I can't even see the giant "E" at the top of the fucking eye chart without glasses or contacts. I know it's an "E," but since I can't actually see it, I'd be cheating if I said I really could see it, right?

But this whole vision improving thing is evidence that the years are catching up with me. I remember when my mom's eyesight started improving. She wasn't much that much older than I am now when that happened. At least, I don't think she was.

Fuck. I'm getting old.

This makes me a little sad, but at the same time I have excellent new glasses. So I really can't be all that sad. Right?

KayGee and The Prison Librarian met me at the Mall of America to help me pick out my new specs. Thank the sweet Baby Jebus, because yesterday after my exam, I couldn't find a single goddamn pair I liked. Once I had help, it took no time at all. Though, this did mean spending time at the Mall of America yesterday and today. Like, three hours today. And there was a cheerleading thing going on in the rotunda.

Good Christ, I wanted to hurt myself. Only a very tiny wine tasting helped me make it through. Wine helps everything, dammit.

4 comments:

angelsroy33 said...

Love your posts,....and Mall of America, AND wine? Does NOT GET ANY BETTER than that,...(unless Russell Crowe was with me!) Glasses are nothing tho,...wait til you hit 'that age' where you THINK of a doughnut, and put on 10 lbs.!!! (Oh yeah,-I'm lovin' my 40's.) You have so much to look foward to!!!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Congrats on the new specs! I can't wait to see them..

Andrew DK said...

Chics with glasses are hot, I don't know where you get your info, girlie. 0_o

*sporting some D&Gs*

Jess said...

Oh, I know some guys like glasses.

However, I will never forget the study my roommate read in college that found men preferred women with very noticeable scars on their face to women wearing glasses.