19 January 2009

January fucking sucks.

No football for two weeks. Then no football for months. It's cold (not as cold as a few days ago, not as cold as it will be in a few days), gray, dirty, slushy and messy. The gym is still crowded. I'm broke. My stoner commish has yet to give me my fantasy football winnings. There's probably other stuff, too ... hormones, employment reviews, no W2s or other tax documents in the mail yet, random downtime at work, followed by too much work and work I really don't want to do.

There are things to look forward to, though. I'm broke, but I have kick-ass new glasses and I'll be getting all the money I spent back in a couple of weeks. I also have some new makeup to show for being broke. While there is no football, there is plenty of basketball. The last football hurrah in two weeks is occasion for a party, followed by a day off to recover from a hangover. I get to see the Classy Broads on Saturday and maybe have sushi on Friday. Not only do I have a job, but I could possibly get a raise and a bonus. And we have a holiday party next week. That just does not compute. The Boy I Currently Like has his bed and will be getting a very nice comforter this week and "we" will get to enjoy it. He's been saying "us" and "we" a lot lately. I consider that a good thing.

Best of all -- January is more than half over. We'll have a new president tomorrow, too. So, we've got that going for us.

2 comments:

angelsroy33 said...

Damn girl, sounds like you have ALOT to look foward to. I have no job, in the middle of some very trying renovations that is causing me to lose my mind, a very ugly legal situation hanging over my husband and I's heads, and my cat is so not liking me right now. Believe me, January can't be over quick enough for me either!!! We GOTTA keep smiling tho.

Jess said...

Yeah, it's not so bad. I think I was mostly dreading going back to work and having something gross to do today. The gross thing was canceled and I felt much better.