14 December 2008

Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a Viking!

How did this happen? How did I get to the point in my life where I can't even make it through the end of my own pub crawl? I swear, something has happened to me. I used to be able to stay out late -- even weeknights and multiple nights in a row. Now, the clock hits 11:00 on a Saturday night and my body says, "Bed. NOW."

Is it wrong that I was plotting a nap before I even got out of bed this morning? It was so dark, I could just tell it was going to be an excellent day for laziness. Now that it's turned cold and Lord, is it shitty outside, a nap seems like pretty much the best. idea. ever. At the very least, I shouldn't be sitting up. I must get horizontal soon.

The pub crawl was fun. It was a much smaller group than last year, which was actually better. We didn't have as much trouble finding a space in crowded bars and the group was easier to control. I even got to talk to everyone. Sweater participation was sweet -- there was one with mirrors and puffy paint! We couldn't have asked for a lovelier night to be out and about. Of course, that contributed to us all being hot because we were wearing sweaters.

Now, I just need to make it through the coming week and life should be pretty sweet with two short weeks after that. My shopping is probably half finished. I will have to brave the stores yet, but what can you do? I did more online shopping this year than in any years past. There are fucking cards to write. I managed to get a handful done this afternoon before I got bored and decided laying on the couch was a better idea.

We have Christmas with my dad's side of the family on Saturday and I need to do veggies and dip for that. Friday, we're getting our cousins together and I need to make cheesy potatoes for that. The Ex-OC is in town for the next few days and we were supposed to hang out, but I'm not going anywhere today. Tomorrow is yoga and I'm not giving that up and Tuesday The Boy I Currently Like is supposed to come over. Oh well. I guess I don't really care that much anymore.

Hmmmm. I shouldn't have written all that stuff out. It seems kind of daunting now. I should probably lay down for a while to recuperate and get prepared. Yay lazy Sundays!

No comments: