06 November 2008

Thursday Night Football.

'Bout damn time. I've been waiting all season for NFL Network to start showing games on Thursday nights. This is my whopping second year with NFL Network, but it seems to me the games are marginally better than last year.

I'm just stoked about the opportunity to host Thursday night mini-parties for my friends. If I have a rooting fantasy interest in the game (as I do tonight if I start Brandon Marshall), all the better. I'd be watching the game anyway and since I'm the only one of my friends who has NFL Network, it would be cruel of me to not open my house up. And I am a giver, you know.

Trying to come up with food ideas for the next several weeks (Thanksgiving is already covered) might be tough. Mexican tonight. I've been itching to make lasagna. But that leaves ... five weeks to fill? I best get working on that.

But thinking about what I'm going to feed people in the coming weeks should really be a backseat to cleaning up my apartment. Why do I always wait until the last minute? There's Guitar Hero and Wii stuff everywhere. My kitchen is full of crap that needs to be put away ... Man, I suck.

9 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Bah! You don't suck. I mean, much anyway. I'M KIDDING.

Go Brady! I'm gonna be a onezie - will I feel stupid?

Jess said...

What is a onezie? Does that mean you're flying solo?

I don't even know who will show up, but I'm pretty sure it will be a random collection of people also flying solo. Either way, I can't imagine any reason for you to feel stupid.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

You haven't seen my haircut yet.

Jess said...

Oooooooooh! I'm mega-excited to see your new haircut.

Seriously. Probably more excited than I should be. WILL THIS DAY NEVER END?

Becca said...

I have a bunch of fun fall recipes you could make. I just made a sausage and apple pie, it totally sounds weird, but it was so good. So good I'm making it again tomorrow night. I'll send you the recipe

Emily B. said...

I love football parties! We host a lot of Packer parties (or we did until everyone fell into a funk over the Brett Favre situation). One of my favorite dishes to make is chili and I have a really good chicken chili recipe. That and a couple batches of cornbread (from the box of course)and you're all set. Want me to send it to you?

Jess said...

Yes please to all the recipes.

The mexican casserole was delightful, even if it was only Muffy and I eating it. Damn you, JP! Oh, Macho Man had some, too.

Too bad you're not around these parts anymore, Em. There is a big Vikings/Packers thing at a bar up the street. They're having a tent!

Shit, we're apparently even having lunch catered tomorrow for the big match up.

Jen said...

Could I get the recipe for the mexican casserole, please. Sorry if you've already linked it somewhere. It's Monday and I'm still half asleep.

Jess said...

I shall send you an e-mail, Jen.