30 November 2008

I could go for a pussy sandwich right about now.

Does it make me a total fucking douche to title a blog post with something exactly three classy broads will get? Maybe the better question is: Do I care? No. God, I have loved me some inside jokes for a long, long time.

How is the weekend over? How did this happen? Even with the two extra days there didn't seem to be enough time. What did I want to do with that time? Lay on the couch and watch TV. Aside from a two-hour workout, that's all I did on Friday. And most of the day Saturday, after yoga and before I went to Sarah's Thanksgiving leftovers extravaganza party.

It wasn't that long ago I would have flaked out on such a party. I knew three people there, and I'd hung out with the three of them exactly once. What's changed? I haven't a clue. Why could I go to shows by myself, but not go to a party where I'd only know a couple of people? Perhaps I've started to not give a fuck as I've gotten older. Maybe it's the blogging, because that's the reason I'm doing a lot of these going-out-and-meeting-new-people things.

Quite frankly, I don't care what the reason is. I'm just glad I'm doing it. Last night, I laughed myself to tears, a coughing fit or near peeing myself more times than I can count. And I had a second Thanksgiving dinner. Fucking score. A leftovers party is quite honestly a brilliant idea. I was able to get rid of the sweet potatoes and one of the dips I'd made.

Of course, by 11:00, I was wiped out. I mean, I had a hard day of yoga and laying on the couch. This totally explains why I didn't go to sleep until some time after 5:00 a.m., then. If I could get ready for bed in a reasonable amount of time (and if NewsRadio hadn't been on), I might have been fast asleep when The Boy I Currently Like e-mailed me. But I was up. And we had some catching up to do, seeing as he'd been out of town for nearly three whole days. As it turns out, we needed to catch up in person, which is why I was up so late. Seeing him is always worth it, but there was the added bonus of getting rid of a few more Thanksgiving leftovers, too.

And all this explains why I feel like I'm ready for bed at 9:00, despite not having been awake for 12 hours yet. Is it wrong that I am absolutely reveling in the laziness I've been able to accomplish this weekend? All of these marathons on TV, plus basketball, football, the Lord of the Rings trilogy AND the Star Wars trilogy. It's amazing I left my apartment at all.

I've been fairly productive since I left The Boy's house. I stopped at Rainbow, did laundry and made my lunch for most of the week. I made my favorite peanut noodles. However, I changed up the recipe just the tiniest bit -- I used soba noodles and natural peanut butter. The jury is undecided on these changes. The sauce is darker and thicker with the natural peanut butter, but it seems to taste the same. As for the soba noodles, I feel like I might have overcooked them, but the package said six to eight minutes and I took them out just before six minutes.

Oh well. The bite I tasted was pretty good. But I've been drinking while I've been cooking and we all know how that goes. My opinion could be vastly different tomorrow come lunch time.

I guess I've put off dishes long enough. The sooner I get them done the more time I have to lay on the couch before going to bed. I can't believe I have to work three whole weeks before I get another few days off. HOW WILL I COPE? How will you cope?

3 comments:

Diana said...

You put some baconaise on that pussy sandwich? :)

Idris_Arslanian said...

http://www.lileks.com/institute/motel/index.html

Jess said...

I KNEW I'd seen the Gobbler before! And I thought it was on Lileks.com. But I thought perhaps my memory was faulty and I was thinking of some other swanky midwestern bar and hotel.

But what could be as swanky as the Gobbler?

Di -- I think we all know the only way to eat a Pussy Sandwich is slathered with Baconnaise.