02 October 2008

Pain in the ass.

Okay, so it's actually my coccyx. It feels as if I've slid down the steps on my ass. But it also feels like it happened a few days ago. It's not terrible, but it's annoying.

I don't know where it's coming from and it really only bothers me at work. There must be something about the chairs here. It's been happening off and on for at least a month, because I do notice it when I'm sitting in my ... um, lawn chair? camping chair? You know, that chair that comes in a bag. The one I sit in when I go to my nephew's football games.

My sister is convinced it's probably from yoga. And it would make sense if it hurt after a class where we did Boat Pose and that pose where your body is in the same v-shape as Boat Pose, but you're holding your big toes and straightening your legs straight forward or out to the sides. Clearly, I don't know the names of all of the poses.

However, last night was a back class. I guess my tailbone got some contact rolling into and out of Plow Pose and shoulder stand. Fish Pose? Maybe I'm just getting old. Or maybe it's another result of me having less padding on my body.

Yoga is really the only explanation, unless I'm engaging in bizarre activities while I'm sleeping.

Moving on, how much do you think I'll have to drink tonight to keep myself from jamming forks into my ears whenever Sarah Palin speaks? I'm worried that it's going to be copious amounts and I probably won't be home until right about start time. HOW WILL I STAND IT? And quite frankly, I worry that if I can actually listen to what she is saying, I might do worse than jam forks in my ears.

No comments: