17 October 2008

Goose Poop Obstacle Course.

I heart walking around Lake Calhoun in the fall. It's a treat to have to dodge the copious amounts of goose shit littering the walking path. At least there are very few people to dodge while dodging the goose poop. God, I fucking hate geese.

That was probably my last evening walk around the lake for a while. Isn't it nearly time for us to fall back? It was getting pretty dark by the time I got home tonight. And Lord knows that I can't be out running around by my lonesome on the dark streets of Minneapolis. Oh, I'm sure there might be a random Saturday or Sunday where I can get out for a bit of fresh air. But those days are going to be few and far between for a while.

How did it get to be so late in the year already? Wasn't it just October not that long ago? Damn.

4 comments:

my name is Amanda said...

new commenter:) Was JUST THINKING the other day, while on a lake walk, avoiding the poo, of blogging about how the Cities should institute an open season on fucking "corporate geese." Lake geese included. They're like even gianter rats with wings. Fucking Geese!

Jess said...

I heart new commenters.

Not only are geese huge fucking rats with wings -- they're mean huge fucking rats with wings.

GROSS.

Becca said...

When I come home for Christmas we can don our boots, hats, and mitters and walk around the lake for old time sake ;) Well old time sake for me I guess.

Jess said...

You're on, sister!

I missed the lake something awful when I moved to Mankato for two years.