04 October 2008

Beware the dangers of the interwebs!

Oh, 1995. Weren't you delightful?

Since going to see The X-Files movie, my love of the show was renewed and I've been recording old episodes on SciFi and TNT. I watch them when I can't sleep or on a night like tonight when there's not much on TV.

I'm watching 2Shy right now, and it is cracking me the fuck up. The plot:

The corpse of a woman, or what's left of it, is discovered in a car in Cleveland, Ohio. Mulder traces the questionable homicide to previous cases in which the victims, all female, subscribed to a newspaper column. The killer has now found his way on to the Internet.

Yes, he found his way onto the interwebs. IT'S ONLINE DATING. This crazy dude is liquefying the women who were silly enough to meet some stranger from the interwebs. OH NOES.

Crazy how things change, no? I mean, yeah, you still need to be careful meeting strangers from teh interwebs. Then again, how many times have I thrown caution to the wind? I invited The Boy I Currently Like here to watch football for our first "date." And, he's a poet, just like the liquefying dude from The X-Files. Man, did I dodge a fucking bullet. I mean, if he was going to liquefy me, I'm pretty sure he would have done it by now.

6 comments:

Margo said...

Pretty funny!
I once met a guy from online...at night...alone...in times square.
Yes, I do stupid things sometimes. It was fun in a weird way, not knowing whether he would jerk me behind a building and slit my throat and then...well, you get the picture.
He's nice, I think. I'm still alive, in any case.

Jess said...

I'm very glad to hear your possibly-iffy meeting went well and you didn't suffer a horrible death.

It's nice when our stupid decisions don't come back to bite us in the ass, isn't it?

Emily said...

Do yourself a favor and don't see Eagle Eye. It makes you fear all technology. :)

Jess said...

I can pretty much guarantee there is zero danger of me seeing that movie.

Emily said...

I didn't go of my own free will. It was not good.

Jess said...

You're a good person to indulge your friend(s) and see movies with them. I usually just flat-out refuse.