28 September 2008

Jealousy.

The Boy I Currently Like is ... mostly? in his new apartment. Well, he switched the cable/phone/interwebs and is sleeping there now. I think last night might have been his first night there. I forgot to ask, though.

I'd been dying to see the new place since he'd first told me about it. It sounded really great and reality definitely lived up to his description. I love it. And now I'm in that weird place I always go to when I see someone's new apartment as I'm helping move or something. I always end up so totally jealous and hating my own apartment. The whole newness and unlimited potential of a new apartment is probably especially striking in this instance. Knowing what The Boy is moving from just make this new place seem so. fucking. great.

He has a lot of work to do, yet. I mean, we slept on the floor last night. I think the floor was actually slightly more comfortable than his shitty futon. That may be because he let me sleep on the side of the sleeping bag with the padding under it. How terribly fucking chivalrous of him, no?

So I'm back home and looking around this place feeling like I live in a dump. It doesn't help that this place is cluttered as fuck and the sun coming in the windows earlier this afternoon illustrated the dire need for dusting. I'll get over it soon enough. For Christ's sake, when The Boy was describing what he wanted in a new abode, he kept saying "like yours" after most features. I'll get the love back. I just need to tidy up a bit and it'll all be fine. Besides, I've not helped him at all with the moving yet. I'm sure after Tuesday I'll be reminded about the good reasons not to move.

I suppose I could be tidying while I'm fucking around in the kitchen. That kind of seems like a lot of extra work, though. I've been obsessed with cooking and baking all weekend. Right now I have a quiche in the oven to take to work for breakfast this week and then later I'll be making my lunch for the week. Yesterday I made muffins that didn't cook on the inside. I have no idea how I fucked up. I've made them a few times with no problems. Also, I was sober. So I can't blame the booze for this kitchen disappointment.

Friday night I made black beans to eat in burritos and on tostadas. I also made carrot bars. I'm still trying to get through a ton of the shit from my mom's garden. If only I had an extra freezer. Or even a normal-sized freezer. Another reason to hate my apartment -- my stupid smaller appliances.

Ooooh. There goes the timer. Gotta run.

18 comments:

Emily said...

I think getting a new apartment kind of has a New Year's Resolution effect for me.

I make myself that in THIS apartment I'm going to stop being messy and start going to the gym and cook only healthy meals in my fancy new appliances.

Doesn't always work out, but it's a good feeling.

Jess said...

Yes! I so do that, too.

And I always fail miserably, as evidenced by my dusty, cluttered apartment. I suck.

Little Ms Blogger said...

I haven't really met anyone that doesn't have apartment or house envy.

My sister wishes for a garage and fireplace for her townhouse; and I wish for so much I can't begin to tell you.

I always find when I clean my place, I'm happier with it. If you clear some of the clutter it'll be like a new place.

Jess said...

I'm sure I will feel much better once I get things cleaned up a bit.

It's not even that I want something different -- it's that clean-slate feeling that really drives me nuts.

Jerious Norwood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

I wasn't going to answer that question anyway, but it's gone now. Besides, isn't that something you should ask him?

Jerious Norwood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

My people have put out a statement denying everything! Or they would have if you hadn't deleted that comment.

You're good at this clandestine shit. I know who to ask for assistance when I have some super-secret mission now.

Jess said...

Also, I'm going to look totally fucking nutballs replying to deleted comments. Sweet!

Jerious Norwood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

I am sure the not-so-innocent appreciate your efforts immensely.

It's been going on, I guess, since we finally met in person almost a year ago. Though, I'm sure that you'll hear a totally different story if you ask him. I'm not such a silly, deluded girl to not realize that's how things usually are.

Quite frankly, I'm proud of myself that it took you this long to figure it out.

Jen said...

Should I even ask? Or would that make the situation worse.

Jerious Norwood said...

It'd only make matters far worse, for everyone involved.

Jess said...

Yes. I'm declining comments at this time, on the advice of counsel.

Ezekiel Barzillai Smythe said...

I've got a killer easy recipe for muffins that use yogurt (yes, yogurt) if you're interested. They are delish and the prep time is next to zip. If you're interested, let me know.

Jess said...

Ooooh, yes please. Yogurt is a good substitute for oil, but for whatever reason, I usually use unsweetened applesauce for healthifying purposes.

Ezekiel Barzillai Smythe said...

http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/001412blueberry_muffins.php

Jess said...

Thanks! I will be sure to report back after I make them and bastardize them with some whole wheat flour, fat-free yogurt and half applesauce for the butter.

Hmmmmm. That makes me sound like a fun hater.