02 September 2008

In the news.

Look, I realize the AP is probably stretched a bit thin right now. You've got the RNC to cover and a variety of hurricanes, tropical storms and tropical depressions currently pummeling or about to pummel the Southeast. But honestly, they actually published this story?

Hungriest man eats 11.5 pounds of chili-spaghetti to win Ohio title, beats best-known eater

Better yet, the Strib picked it up and wrote and equally craptastic headline. That is quite possibly the most poorly-written news story I have ever read. And I wrote for and edited my high school paper. Jesus. Did they send out 17-year-old high school junior Cindy Lee Watkins to cover this chili-spaghetti mixture eat-off? Dear God almighty.

To make up for you having to read that steaming pile of newspaper poo, I present you with this jem from The Superficial about Sarah Palin's shotgun son-in-law to be. It's delicious!

The Boy's take on it? "It is mean and shallow of me, but I'm finding all of this shit to be hilarious." And this is why I think he rules.

3 comments:

Chet Of The Undead said...

Apparently up in AK Cro-Mag Hockey redneck dudes rip up all the spots :p LOL

Jen said...

Good to see they have rednecks in Alaska, too!What a catch!

Jess said...

Oh, teenage boys and MySpace. Seriously though, I thought it was all about Facebook these days. Guess Alaska is a little behind the times. That would explain the hockey hair, too. Some things never go out of style, I guess.