22 September 2008

Boo to bad lunches.

Well, it wasn't terrible or anything. I just had very high hopes for my leftovers. Perhaps I shouldn't trust my opinion of what I just made after drinking a bottle of wine while making it. My sweet and sour pork meatballs with stir fried broccoli, carrots and green peppers were in serious need of some salt.

And I'm a total salt snob, so I'm certainly not going to be using one of those little packets in the break room. I'll have to pack up a little bag of kosher salt to throw in my drawer. It's tough to remember that bag of peanut butter cookies is for The Stylist and should not serve to round out my disappointing lunch.

Also, a note to Sun Luck -- they call it five-spice powder because there is more than just fucking cinnamon in it.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I tend to think I'm cooking more skillfully when I'm drinking too. It also makes me think I'm a great dancer.

j said...

disappointing leftovers are the worst. though totally expected when the cooking happens simultaneous to drinking. though to be honest, my cooking is ALWAYS simultaneous to drinking, which is why i've given up on leftovers.

Jess said...

I pretty much am always drinking while cooking, too. It's not a problem when it's on a weeknight and I can't down a bottle of wine before I'm done. Oh, but a weekend?

TROUBLE, y'all.

I think I need to stop experimenting in the kitchen while drinking copiously. That's the time for the tried-and-true. Kinda like dancing, when you think about it.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I always drink when I cook, too. It either ends up fantastic or a shitpie. Usually a shitpie, though.

Jess said...

I think mine hovers around 50-50.

Think I'm gonna change? Hells no. I figure I just need to get better at the drunk cookery.