14 September 2008

The Bob Saget Fan Club blows.

And their owner isn't very good either. I'm afraid to even check the score to see how terrible I did this week. It's my own damn fault.

For whatever reason, I just haven't been paying much attention to what's going on. Being busy at work is probably part of the problem. In years past, I had nothing but time on my hands in the office, so I could do a bunch of research and whatnot. Now that I've got a job where I actually have to work, I should be doing my research at home. But apparently, I just can't be bothered to do that.

Now I'll be getting a fine this week because I started Houston's tight end when they're having their bye week because of the fucking hurricane. Last I'd heard, the game was moved to Monday. But I asked The Boy about it today and he's all, "No, they've moved it to Week 10." And I wasn't worried because I don't have any Houston players. Well, save for the one on the bench. Of course, I get home and see my tight end is a Texan and there he is in the starting line up. Fuck.

Stoner Commish sent an e-mail this morning at 10:00 telling us to make changes because of the switched bye week. However, at 10:00 this morning, I was curled up next to The Boy, sleeping away until after the start of the first game. Well, except for that 15 minutes or so where someone was vacuuming in the hallway. Oh well. The $5 fine is well worth the quality time I got to spend with The Boy.

I felt like I hadn't seen him in ages, but it really hadn't been that long. He thinks it seemed longer because he's also expected to work at his newish job (honestly, where do these people get off?), so we don't spend most of the work day e-mailing each other like we've done in the past. So, it was really very nice being able to be lazy and just lay around with him.

And I've been oddly productive since I got home a few hours ago. I've showered, given myself a pedicure and I have a pot of tomato sauce simmering away on the stove. Not a huge deal, except I used fresh tomatoes from my mom's garden. I peeled, seeded chopped all of the tomatoes, chopped all the other veggies and then pureed half of the tomatoes. The bulk of the stuff in that pot is from my mom's garden -- tomatoes, onion, green pepper, carrots, basil and oregano. Despite all of the work, it didn't take very long at all. Or, it didn't seem to take long. Yay me! I shouldn't get too excited. It might turn horrible over the next two hours it has to cook yet.

I can't believe I have to go back to work tomorrow. Boo!

No comments: