08 August 2008

Rock 'em, block 'em.

Oh, it's finally here -- The Pizza Luce Block Party. Well, it's tomorrow. It's almost here, I guess. And thank you, Jesus. I wasn't sure I'd make it through this week. Quite frankly, I'm not sure I have made it.

Car drama is still ongoing. Well, it's being fixed at the moment. I ended up getting it done in the metro, which means shelling out another $500, but there was a chance I might not get it home. Oh well. It'll all be over soon.

So, I'm carless and it feels alright. I took the bus to and from work today. Then when I got home, I walked to the grocery store and toted my party supplies home in my reusable (one of which is also made from recycled rice bags from Asia, made by disadvantaged and disabled women in Cambodia) shopping bags. You're wondering, aren't you? You're wondering if it hurts to be so good to Mother Earth. And I'll tell you, it hurts so good. It hurts so good to be such a good person.

(Seriously, I'm not that much of a narcissist. I mean, obviously I am to a certain degree. I have a blog, don't I?)

I had to get supplies for tomorrow, so I can provide yummy snacks for my friends. Sure, we'll eat pizza and brats at Luce. But what if it rains? We'll need sustenance while we're over here peeing, too. And after the Block Party's over? I can't go to the Country Bar anymore after last year. And quite frankly, that's about as far as I'm willing to go.

Shit. Macho Man is on his way over to hang out. Guess I gotta go.

Come to the block party, bitches!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, hey, it's Anne. Sorry for the anon post. Anyway, I wanted to say this one word to you, and I mean it, because it works. Well, in Atlanta anyway. I'm es-scared of winter there. So here is the one word: Scooter.

I kid not. People 50. 'Bout $2,500 out the door, and as or more reliable than any scooter on the market. Plus 80-100 mpg after the first 300ish miles. We fill the scooter about once every month, and since it holds less than 2 gallons, well, you get the idea. I'm just sayin' that it's an option other than the bus is all.

Jess said...

Anne!

Lots of people have scooters here and they do seem to work well for getting around. Though, you don't see too many in the winter. Still, it's not winter forever.

Thanks for the tip. It's definitely something to think about.