25 August 2008

"18 million cracks in the glass ceiling."

Michelle Obama on Hillary Clinton's campaign in her speech last night.

Following her speech, the band plays Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely." Nice. Then, her husband pops up via satellite and says, "Isn't she cute?" Awesome.

Am I the only one to have noticed that? Should I not be annoyed? I must be pulling from the Feminist Undies section of my lingerie drawer this week, because I feel like this is my second feminist-panties-in-a-bunch post in as many days.

I wonder what will set me off tonight, on this 88th anniversary of women getting the vote?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Speaking of Hillary, what did you think of her speech tonight? I'm not sure how I feel about her comparing Bush and McCain to the Twin Cities . . . she's gonna ruin our rep.

Jess said...

Other than the orange pantsuit, I was pleased with her speech. I think she did a good job of telling her angry, bitter supporters to get over it and do what's good for the country.

You're right about the Twin Cities bit. Everyone knows the Minneapple is where all the cool kids live. Which is the cool kid in the Bush/McCain pair? Neither.