14 July 2008

There are worse things, I guess.

As I was sitting in the bathroom today, praying for the bees to bring me the sweet release of death, a song came on the Toilet Radio. It was Heart! I love Heart. Wait. No. It's "Alone," but that ain't Ann Wilson. No, it's someone torturing the song.

Is it some newish country female singer I don't really know? No.

Is it some random pop singer I don't really know? No.

Oh shit. I know who it is. Celine Dion. How dare she ruin anything Heart has done? Bah.

I won't provide a link to the song, because I like you guys and someone might be tempted to click on it. I just can't have that on my conscience. I'm devastated that I had to learn this god-awful cover exists. Though, I guess it's another to add to the list of god-awful covers that I always bust out when people have a discussion about terrible covers. That's a silver lining, y'all.

Also, since Erin Andrews just interviewed him during the Home Run Derby, I was reminded of something. Last week or over the weekend not one, but two people, found my blog by Googling "Joe Mauer naked." Sweet!

6 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

Horrible covers....Johnny Cash doing some Depeche Mode song, title escapes me, but always had to turn off the radio when I heard it.

Some things in life are just wrong and bad covers are one of them....

scargosun said...

Very bad cover. Actually, I think anything she sings blows.

Jess said...

Celine Dion has committed many crimes against music.

It wasn't Johnny Cash did "Hurt," that you're thinking of, was it, Little Ms. Blogger? Oh no, wait! He did "Personal Jesus," yes? Not one of his better covers, I'll admit.

Sheryl Crow's cover of "Sweet Child O' Mine" is a classically bad cover. It's on the all-time bad covers list.

Jen said...

Heard a bad cover of Radiohead's "High and Dry" a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea who was doing it but I didn't like it at all.

Little Ms Blogger said...

Jess - that's it Personal Jesus by DP performed by JC --- that's the song I was thinking of.

That rendition still makes me want to scream

Jess said...

I think I've heard that cover, Jen. Blech.

Honestly, I don't think you should do a cover unless you're going to kick big-time fucking ass. Bad covers just make me angry.