15 July 2008

Little things.

Sometimes it really is the little things that get you through the day. Yesterday when I got home from work, I was sitting on the couch, eating my pre-workout peanut butter toast when I got an e-mail. It was Facebook (ugh, I know), telling me my little brother had written something on my wall.

Now, I'd try to explain to y'all what he wrote, but you'd think I was a weirdo or something. Not that you don't already think I'm a weirdo. But still. It was one of those random, blast-from-the-past things we used to talk about when we were kids. I nearly fucking choked on my toast. I was in tears from laughing so hard. Sweet fucking Christ, he totally made my day.

I forwarded the message on to my sister. She called me at 10:15, crying because she was laughing so hard. For a minute, I thought something was horribly, horribly wrong. Turns out he made her day and her call kinda made my day again. It was kinda just what I needed after a shit-ass fucking day at work.

Today was better maybe because of that and also because I had that hello-make-out-session with The Boy I Currently Like to look forward to when I got home from work. I swear, it was the only thing that kept me sane. Of course, it wasn't just the making out. I always have fun with him. We watched Tom and Jerry and laughed our asses off like little kids. We got Pizza Luce and watched part of the All-Star Game. It's low-key and low-stress (once he shows up ... I stress until that point because that's what I do) and totally what I need every now and again.

So I made it this far. Only three days left to go.

9 comments:

Chet Of The Undead said...

Tom and Jerry: The court jesters of Kings! :P

;)

It's quite useful having siblings who are adorable silly lil'bitches isn't it? :) lol

Beth said...

Oh Facebook. It's the little things in life.

Except when girls you used to babysit facebook you and you are forced to think two things at the same time as your stalking them via comments and pictures:

"Oh. My. God! I haven't seen this girl in so long, it is amazing to hear from her!!"

and

"Oh. My. God. Why is she barely wearing clothes? What? She's going to graduate from high school? This is me realizing i'm getting old. Fuck."

Ugh.

Jess said...

Chet, I would go so far as to say Tom and Jerry could be Cartoon Kings themselves (different from the King of Cartoons, of course).

Adorable silly lil' bitch siblings are the best.

Lots of my friends on Facebook are actually family members, Beth. It's totally creepy having them invade my interwebs space. I can't even post a link to my blog over there, lest they find it and realize what a foul-mouthed tramp I am.

scargosun said...

What's wrong with Facebook :(

Alaina said...

Yeah... what's wrong with Facebook?

Don't you love family jokes and such that are awesomely funny after so many years?

Jess said...

Oh, nothing's wrong with Facebook. We could even all be friends!

I'd have a link up, but I feel weird about any random person visiting here being able to find out my last name and I haven't spent nearly enough time on there to figure out what I have to do to make certain people only be able to see certain things.

Clearly, that was something I should have done while unemployed. Instead, I used my time to find a job, which I hated. That was an excellent use of my time.

Jen said...

Don't forget about that nephew of yours, too. What a card that kid is. He would definitely brighten up a bad mood.

And I'm not on Facebook. I'm still one of the losers on MySpace. Well, I'm on it but never use it. Except for bands. Yeah.

Jess said...

It is going to be a nephew-tastic weekend, as it turns out. In addition to his baseball playoffs tomorrow and possibly Sunday, I'm having lunch with him and my siblings today.

LUNCH! I haven't been away from my desk for more than 15 minutes since my first week of work. And that was only because I was in NYC and had to run around the corner to grab lunch every day.

Also, the vast majority of my friends on MySpace are bands. On Facebook? Probably half are family or friends from high school. Weird.

Jen said...

Has he hit anyone else lately?

Glad you get to go to lunch for a change. You deserve it!