11 July 2008

Just eight hours to go.

Well, eight work hours. I'll probably be at the office for more like nine, even though I haven't taken a lunch since my first week there. And I've yet to leave for work or anything, so it's more like 10 hours, I guess. Still. What I'm trying to say is that there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

Yesterday seemed to go better. Everyone I've been doing actual work for has been quite pleased with what I've done -- very little editing or ripping my results to shreds once I hand in my draft. And yesterday, I finally wowed my trainer. 'Bout damn time. It didn't really make me feel any better, though.

I can't wait to not have to work tomorrow. And maybe if I spend all of Sunday evening drinking at the Bastille Day Block Party, I won't have to focus so much of my energy on dreading the start of the work week.

4 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Good for you, Jess.

Have a kick ass weekend!

Jess said...

Thanks.

Now, could someone please be a dear and kill me?

Beth said...

Seriously, I haven't taken a lunch in god only knows how long.

Work is so painful.

Jess said...

It's better than unemployment, unfortunately. I need me a Sugar Daddy.