02 July 2008

I am such a sucker.

I'm a sucker for a lot of reasons and for a lot of things. Stupid empathy making me have feelings for other people.

But this is about me being a sucker for my beloved Timberwolves. It wasn't even a week ago I was on a tear about stupid Kevin McHale and his damn decisions that make me so mad. And it wasn't even a year ago I was vowing to be through with those damn Wolves. Of course, it was just November where I had a change of heart and decided to embrace the new-look Wolves.

I wasn't even halfway through this story about Mike Miller (that is not a flattering picture, by the way. Yeesh.) today before I was all excited about the new-new-look Timberwolves. DAMMIT.

Okay, so I am excited about the players. That never really went away, even when KG left. Well, there were (and are) players I'm not at all excited about. At the end of the day, though, it's the management and ownership I hate. I suppose it's like being a (very, very, very lapsed) Catholic while hating the Vatican and their stupid rules. Or being an American and hating our stupid president.

My loyalty and love can only be pushed so far, though. I can only be treated badly and then wooed back after saying it was over so many times before I really do end the relationship for good.

No comments: