13 July 2008

Good decisions.

I very nearly didn't go to the Bastille Day block party today. I was dreading work tomorrow and I had such a fucking tension headache that I wanted to cry. Granted, I've had the headache for the better part of the last three weeks, but sometimes it's worse than others.

Anyway, I sucked it up and went. Of course, everyone kept asking about work and it was everything I could do to not start crying when I said I didn't want to talk about it. God, I just do not want to go there tomorrow. Hmmmmm ... I thought I'd had enough to drink that I didn't care because I was just kinda drunk and tired, but now I'm feeling all angsty. Fuck.

It was a good time. KayGee asked if my sister was there because she was certain she'd seen her. I was all, "Um, no. Why would she be here?" About 15 minutes later, I look in the food line and there is my sister. Surprise! That was kinda funny. She didn't hang out for too long, but it's always so bizarre when I run into my sister in Uptown. Granted, it's only happened a couple of times. But it is still weird.

I was asked to try out for the North Star Roller Girls. Me? A roller girl? Um, that would probably get Cast Fetish Guy all hot and bothered. No thanks. Still, for whatever reason, I find it far more flattering to be asked to try out for the roller girls than being asked to audition at Sheik's.

Also, I got my hands on a 612 t-shirt! It's so hard finding a t-shirt when you're a girl with big boobs. It is not an ideal fit, but what can you do? Now I need to get the Spanish version and the I heart MPLS t-shirt. I would have grabbed the 651 t-shirt for The Boy I Currently Like, but ... well, I needed that money for drinking. Next time, I guess.

4 comments:

Brian in Mpls said...

I was sporting my 612 shirt around this weekend too I love it. Where are you finding the spanish verison of the I heart Minneapolis shirt?

Jess said...

It's actually the Spanish version of the 612/six one two shirt. It says "seis uno dos."

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Where did you find that excellent t shirt????

Design Collective in Uptown has I heart Mpls shirts.

Jess said...

I got it at the Bastille Day Block Party. I am pretty sure the same people who make the "I heart MPLS" t-shirts make it. 'Cause they were selling those, as well. And even a green "I shamrock MPLS." shirt. Whoo!