30 June 2008

What happened to that guy?

I was walking around Lake Calhoun earlier this evening (Oh my God -- CHARGE THE MOUND, MAUER! Come on! Ah, dammit.), lost in non-thought, enjoying the beautiful evening and listening to music. Then I saw this guy who, in some roundabout way, reminded me of a guy I used to see every. single. time. I. walked. around. the. lake.

But I realized that I haven't seen him even once this year. He had a very distinctive look -- he was older. He was beyond tan. I think he had graying, curly hair. He was always shirtless. And his walk was really ... odd? I actually saw him on a bike a few times and that totally threw me off.

So, what happened to him? I walk around Calhoun at least once a week if it's nice out. Mondays and Fridays are usually my cardio days, if everything goes according to schedule. Things rarely go according to schedule, though. Maybe I'm walking around the lake less this summer than last. It was probably August before I really started lifting weights on a regular basis again last year. I think I was walking around Calhoun (or doing my cardio at the gym) and doing yoga it in the early part of summer.

Still, I can't help but wonder what happened to him. Did he move? Find some sweet young thing to spend his money on? Sustain a weird walking injury? I hope he's okay.

5 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I think I've seen this guy you're talking about, and if it's the same guy, he's there in the mornings now.

Maybe him..maybe not.

Jess said...

I bet it is him. He's SO memorable.

I'm actually really glad to hear this. Look at me! I have a heart.

Are we drinking on Saturday?

Beth said...

I hope he's okay :)

scargosun said...

I used to think that way but in a more morbid way when I worked in a pharmacy. I would worry about customers when I didn't see them for a bit.

Jess said...

No worries, Beth. I am certain he's okay if Muffy thinks she's seen him.

I would probably be completely obsessed if I worked in that kind of job, scargosun.