29 June 2008

I have been renewed.

Oh my God. I have had a delightful weekend. Not even the horrible red wine/allergy headache I had when I woke up this morning was enough to put a damper on the weekend.

Last night I went to a "clean out the freezer" dinner party at Sweetness and Mike's place. The Prison Librarian and KayGee were there, as were The Doctor and The Physical Therapist. (I can't remember whether I have different blog nicknames for all of these people or not. And I can't be bothered to check. Sorry.)

Today was lazy and then beer tent-y. The fucking bus was a mess and I almost said, "Fuck it" and went back home after waiting for a bus to Loring Park for 40 minutes. Assholes. So, I didn't get to spend much time at the beer tent, but the time I did spend was quality. And I got a corn dog. Whooo! There were so many wee dogs at the beer tent, including the one who was in a dog baby bjorn. That poor fucking dog's eyes said, "Save me! Please -- for the love of all things holy -- SAVE ME."

Honestly -- I don't know that it gets any better than this. I've been with some of my most cherished friends all weekend. I have had a fantastic time. I've drank a ton and eaten quite well. Yesterday, I bought my ticket to see Neko Case at First Ave in September. The weather has been glorious, for the most part. After all of this, I have forgotten the horrible week that was last week. I think I will be able to make it through the upcoming short week.

Now, if you'll excuse me, swimming is on and I need to drool over Michael Phelps.

2 comments:

I'm Frank said...

Any day with a corn dog is a good day.

Jess said...

Amen, brother.