19 June 2008

Fucking finally.

Frequent readers will note that I have done my share of ranting and raving about how much I hate Comcast and the Big Ten Network for depriving me of Golden Gopher Basketball and Football last season. Okay, well not so much the football. I'm actually pretty glad I didn't have to witness that epic display of suckitude. But not allowing me to watch the majority of Tubby Smith's first season at the helm of the Golden Gopher Basketball ship? That made me crabbby. Or angry. Or irate. Maybe a little stabby, too.

Oh, but there is news on the horizon! It's totally fucking late news and not exactly great news, but it's news. The Big Ten Network and Comcast have reached and agreement and I will be able to see my beloved Gophers play next season.

There's a catch, though. Isn't there always a catch? It seems that BTN will be on the expanded basic tier for the first year, but it will probably get moved to the digital tier and cost extra the following year.

Now, that's not a huge deal for me, as I am a sucker who is paying for the digital sports tier already. I'm also not watching it. Nor will I be until the NFL Network starts showing regular-season games again. Well, I do have the soccer channel that The Boy I Currently Like will sometimes flip to when he is over and in charge of the remote. (Can you believe I allow him such latitude? Me neither.) But that is hardly worth $9 a month or whatever I'm paying. Lucky for Comcast, I'm far too lazy to call and cancel the package when I'm not using it. And I did utilize my NBA TV a few times and certainly watched some of the Fox Sports regional channels during college basketball season. So, um, it's not a complete waste of money?

Anyway, yay for Golden Gopher sports. I'm hoping I'll get to see some wrasslin' next year. Boo to Comcast and Big Ten Network for being colossal pricks and depriving me of all but a scant few opportunities to watch my alma mater's sports teams play. Everyone involved deserves a punch to the junk.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I wish Comcast provided a way to get ONLY the football games from the team you root for instead of having to buy the NFL network and never see anything you want to anyway.

Because I am (sadly) a Miami Dolphins fan. And I live at the Sports Bar during the season.

If I could just watch one game from my couch...

Jess said...

Yeah, the NFL are a bunch of dicks for only allowing Sunday Ticket on ... Dish Network or Direct TV. I think it's Direct TV.

Why does everyone have to conspire against us when we want to just watch our damn teams?