02 June 2008

Finally, blogging pays off!

Oh, it's paid off already in a number of ways. Without the blog, I wouldn't have made some excellent new friends. I wouldn't have met The Boy I Currently Like. I wouldn't have been able to expose my ridiculousness to a number of strangers all over the world.

But today? Today I am GETTING SHIT FOR BLOGGING. Remember when I wrote about my Bacon Salt arriving? Well, the guys at Bacon Salt found the entry and I was named a contender for Bacon Salt Blog Post of the Week.

A contender? Big fucking deal, you say. And you're probably right. But earlier today I got an e-mail from Justin, one of The Bacon Salt Guys. His business partner apparently named the winner without consulting him and he was so incensed, he was moved to e-mail me and offer me "an even more rad gift" than the winner was getting. Fuck and yes!

Even better -- they want to use my post in their press kit. How can you not love a company that will use a profanity-laced blog post in their press kit? Oddly enough, with just the link on Mnspeak and The Official Bacon Salt Blog and their Facebook page, this random blog entry has probably gotten more exposure than any press release I was ever paid to write in my short-lived career in public relations. Anti-poverty work? Ending pollution from the medical industry? Sure, those are important issues and I believe in them strongly. But apparently not as strongly as I believe in Things That Taste Like Bacon.

For the record, I have now tried Bacon Salt and it is divine. I used Hickory Bacon Salt on oven-roasted Yukon Gold potatoes with extra virgin olive oil and Herbes de Provence and it was a total food orgasm. That shit was like crack. I couldn't stop eating it. And I used the Peppered Bacon Salt in scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese and green onion. Delightful! Turns out you can be a bit more heavy-handed with it than you might think.

Today, the mailman delivered a package full of bras and undies from Frederick's of Hollywood. I've lauded Freddie's a number of times in this blog, but has anyone from there thanked me? No! Instead they lose a bra that I tried to exchange a few months ago. Y'all are just lucky that you are the only place I know of that sells cute, affordable bras in an F cup. If I don't want a four-hook monstrosity that comes in the wide variety of colors white and beige, you're my only choice Freddie's. So thanks.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Holy shit, you're famous! Don't forget all us little people...

You know what? Screw my doctor I'm trying this stuff.

Jess said...

I bet it totally cancels out if you put it on something healthy.

Jen said...

True..asparagus maybe?

Jess said...

Yes! Also, broccoli.

I'm Frank said...

Hot damn, maybe I should write about bacon more often and some other bacon-organisation will recognise me for being awesome. And obsessed.

scargosun said...

I may have to try this stuff. I wonder if it's better than "Bacon, Bacon" by Tastefully Simple. You HAVE to take pics of your prizes so we can see what you got.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

ROCKSTAR JESS!!

I always knew you'd be famous for bacon.

Jess said...

Y'all are too sweet. It's not *that* big of a deal. I mean, it is because I'm a total whore for free shit. But other than that ...