31 May 2008

Weather!

Last night it was raining and sunny. Of course, this produced a wonderful rainbow. As I was getting out of my car, a guy looked at me and said, "Now, that's a rainbow," in the parking lot of ... Rainbow Foods, of all places.

Tonight it's hail and sun! Oh, I love Spring in Minnesota. Macho Man said the hail at his place -- like a mile northwest of here -- was quarter-sized. I could actually hear it hitting his windows or whatever when I was on the phone with him. As you can see by the pictures below, it was considerably smaller over here in the Lyndale Neighborhood.

I'm just glad it's done before I head out with Macho Man and The Wife to see The French Kicks. Saturday night shows rule. And I'm glad I didn't even bother checking to see if anyone wanted to go to the City Pages Beer Festival tonight. Drinking beer surrounded by fratty douches while dodging hail? I'll pass this year. Thanks!


6 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

we got tons of hail at our house and our dog went bizerk!

I just bought a bunch of herbs to plant and have on hand for cooking - now they are all smashed to bits!

Jess said...

Oh, Muffy. That blows. I keep meaning to get some potting soil and plant some herbs to see if whatever destroyed them last summer is going to come back, but I space every time I go shopping anywhere.

At least the herbs grow fast and it won't be long before you have more.

scargosun said...

Hail freaks me out for some reason. It doens't seem natural to have ice in spring/summer. Ya know?

Jess said...

I don't get really jazzed up over hail like I do for lightning. God, I fucking love lightning.

Hail is bizarre enough in and of itself. Combined with sunny skies, it's almost too much. End Times and all that.

Beth said...

It's nice to know that Long Island isn't the only place where the weather cannot make up its mind.

Jess said...

Yeah, you're certainly not alone. I guess it's nice that we're actually having a Spring this year, albeit a cold one. Often we jump straight form winter to summer and then I'm hot all the damn time.