10 May 2008

Shop 'til you need a damn nap.

I'm not entirely sure how I managed to do so much shopping today, 'cause I was tired, y'all. Went to bed early and woke up like, three hours later. I do get a lot of shit cleared off my DVR while I'm up in the middle of the night. So, I guess that's good.

At about 5:30, I finally managed to drag my exhausted butt back to bed. I was okay with missing yoga, but if by some miracle I woke up in time, I'd go. Of course, my mom called at 8:30 and woke me up. Just in time for me to get ready and go to yoga! It could have been worse -- I could have been with The Boy I Currently Like and had a repeat of the day I spent with him ignoring my phone that led my sister and mom to believe I was dead in an alley somewhere. Oh, silver linings, I love you!

After yoga, I went to Kohl's and Super Target. Then around mid-afternoon, I went to the fucking Mall of America (I had a good reason, I swear to you), then Kohl's again and then fucking Southdale (couldn't deal with the MOA to do everything I needed to do). Honestly, it probably wasn't all that much actual shopping time -- an hour in the morning and maybe two hours or so this evening. But sweet buttery Christ, do I hate shopping.

I got a lot of shit. A dress, two skirts (including a little pink, plaid, pleated number), a couple of shirts and like three little cardigans which can also be worn as shirts. Probably not to work, though. Plus, I got 12-inch skillet, a gym bag and visited Aveda and The Body Shop. And let's not forget all the Target shit and supplies for making cheesy potatoes for our Mother's Day ... dinner? (We're doing early dinner before my nephew's game). Yet there is so much more shit I need. GAH. It never ends, does it? I think I'll be doing some of the rest of my shit on the Interwebs. There was a skirt I saw on the Kohl's website that I coveted, but didn't see in either store. Of course, buying shit on the Interwebs when I'm not entirely sure what size I am at the moment is a crapshoot.

Oh, and I didn't take a fucking nap. I have a memo I need to write, laundry to do and dinner to eat. At least I've started all of those things. Well, I haven't started eating dinner. I have started making it, though. The wine is flowing, too, so I don't imagine that memo will get much attention until tomorrow. Thank the Baby Jebus I work well under deadline. Sure, I could be doing it today. But why would I do that when I'm sure I'll have a couple of hours tomorrow night after my nephew's \game to do it. And if the weather's shitty, I'll have even more time! Procrastination rules.

(Dick Bremer just said "creek." Now, you may be saying, "Uh, who cares?" But he said it the way country people say it -- "crick." Awesome! Ah, I feel all warm and fuzzy now.)

2 comments:

Alaina said...

You hate shopping too? Wow. I feel so bonded to you now. Okay that sounded creepy. Whatever.

Jess said...

Yes! I totally do. We're probably like, soul mates or something.

My sister said today, "You went shopping? And you didn't take me with you?" Dude. That would have just drawn out the whole fucking process even longer. DO NOT WANT.