01 May 2008

If you're working on Saturday, home is better than the office.

But at least we know the poison is working on the mice, 'cause they're starting to smell. So, I may have to work at full day on Saturday, but I probably won't see a mouse. Score!

I'm not even that upset. I'm totally annoyed, and was delivering hateful glares to the boss when the subject was broached this morning, though. But I guess I'm resigning myself to the fact that this is my life. For now. It probably won't be that bad, what with my coworkers being there, too. And the weather is supposed to be shitty. The thing that makes me stabby is missing Saturday morning yoga. I missed last Wednesday night because of work and missed last night because I was getting drunk before the Elbow show.

Working late tomorrow night is not an option. I will be seriously pissed if I have to miss The Slats show. I am fairly certain the last show I saw was the Halloween show when me, Mrs. Dirk and a friend who is kind of becoming not a friend anymore dressed up as The Slat for Halloween. It was a rockin' costume. But that was like, a million years ago. (You should really come out to see some local rawk at the Hexagon Bar. You know you want to.)

It does help that I've been getting some perspective over the last couple of weeks. My cousin's wife had their baby on Friday. She wasn't due until early July. Their little girl died early this morning. And Fredder has been getting steadily worse. Hospice has been to the house. It's only a matter of time now. I'm getting worried about being able to get the time off for his wake and funeral, because it's getting to that point.

Alrighty, then. I'll be publishing now, so as to end this Debby Downer bullshit.

7 comments:

Shelby said...

Smelly mice? Bleh. Glad your good music is helping get you through it. Debbie Downer is what blogs are for, keep it comin sister. =)

Jen said...

So sorry to hear about the baby, Jess. That is heartbreaking.

Hey, to give you a little perspective, while you're working tomorrow I'll be at a 3 year old's birthday party!

Jess said...

It's even stinkier today. Ugh.

I know it's my blog and I can be a Debbie Downer if I want and all that. But I don't like to be. I like to talk about drinking and boobies and music and whatnot. I'll see what I can do about that.

Jen, is Sophie three? Holy crap. The important question about children's birthday parties is, "Will there be booze?" If so, hooray! If no, I buy annoying presents that make lots of noise.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Shit.

scargosun said...

Debbie Downer? Is that a blue pill or a red pill. ;)

Jess said...

I'm not sure of the color, but it makes a "wah-wah" sound.

Seriously. It reeks in here.

I'm Frank said...

Oh jeez. I just saw my 3 year-old niece a few hours ago, so the idea of a baby dying makes me cringe more than I normally would.

You should bring in some snakes or something to get rid of all those dead mice. I'm sure your boss and coworkers would really get a kick out of it.