30 May 2008

How terribly timely.

In today's "No fucking way. Shut. Up." news, "Breast wobble could hold the key to women's chest pain." (Thanks to Jezebel for the link.) I say it's timely because I had to cut my workout short today due to boobie pain. Fuck that mess.

Obviously, I'm having some PMS-y hormonal issues causing all the tit tenderness. (The random, unfounded, undirected crankiness I'm feeling post-workout is another indicator. Uh, this never happens.) The Girls seem to be far more mobile and my Multi-Bra Boob Control System much less effective at this time of the month. Even though all I did tonight was cardio, I got a pretty good upper-body workout while I was on the elliptical machine because I had contracted every muscle I could in my upper body to try to reduce hooter movement. My efforts were not very successful.

Any girl with any sort of a rack, or quite frankly anyone with an ounce of common sense, should not be surprised by the results of this study. But if it spurs advances in sport bra technology, I'm all for it. I'm finally going to break down and order a really expensive sport bra tomorrow. It's time.

I actually could have sworn that I'd read this exact same article a few months ago. A quick search of my e-mail shows that I was wrong. But only kinda. The Boy I Currently Like sent me a link to this article back in September: Exercise unleashes a bounce bras can't handle. My reaction was essentially the same. "Gee, thanks for the news flash, Science."

Sometimes being a woman makes me feel really stabby.

In other news, I'm eating oven-roasted Yukon Gold potatoes with extra virgin olive oil, Herbes de Provence and Hickory Bacon Salt. It is absolutely delightful. It seemed that I was pretty heavy-handed with the Bacon Salt in prepping the potatoes, but I actually could have used more. So, I added some to the taters still on the cookie sheet. I think I'm in love, y'all.

4 comments:

I'm Frank said...

Bacon salt...it it as wonderful as it sounds?

Jess said...

It is. It so is.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Ugh - boob soreness is a terrible thing to deal with. And unfortunately, practically unavoidable. But a good solid bra should help. Good luck!

Jess said...

I just ordered a monstrosity that is supposed to be excellent. Can't wait to try it out!