05 April 2008

Wasted Saturday II: Deck Bloggin'.

Just like last Saturday, this one wasn't really wasted. But honestly, this cannot become a habit. Fortunately, my partner-in-crime agreed. Going to bed at 7:00 or so in the morning probably isn't generally good for you, but it's likely worse when you're sick. Gee, I wonder wonder how we got sick in the first place.

I actually did feel a bit like I'd wasted my day when I finally went out to my car to head home this afternoon. Holy shit! It's gorgeous! Damn. I could have walked around the lake after I went to yoga this morning. If I'd gone to yoga this morning instead of sleeping through it. But never fear, Dear Readers. As I type these words, I am enjoying my first glass of wine on the deck for 2008. And the wine seems somehow a bit more delicious. Damn. I should have my sunglasses on.

This wasted Saturday has actually been rather productive, especially considering I didn't really start doing anything until after 3:00. I've rolled my 401k over to an IRA, I showered (yes, this counts as being productive) and I'm currently doing laundry. I think Macho Man is on his way over to drink with me on the deck. No one else I called could make it. Yeah, I should probably be watching the Final Four, but I don't so much care at the moment. It'll be too cold to sit out here soon enough and then I'll go in. Plus, I can see the score from the screen door if I stand up.

A day like today makes my potentially soul-crushing job seem considerably more bearable. And really, it seems more likely today that I am just overreacting from the tumultuousness of my life from the last couple of months. I'm flexible. I'll be able to adjust. Even if it is bad, I've got yoga. I've got my deck and wine. I've got baseball. I've got walks around the lake. I've got my friends. I've got wasted Saturdays.

6 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

YOu shoulda called me, Sucka. I'm at home alone drinking again...
NOT on the deck. SAD :-(

Jess said...

Dammit. I knew I should have called. you.

Thankfully, there are many more nice days on the horizon. And dude, you have a backyard! That's totes better than a deck.

I'm Frank said...

For me the day is not wasted just as long as I wake up before noon, shower, and eat something. Regardless of what else I do (or don't do) during the day, I'll feel contented as long as I do those three things.

Jess said...

I only managed two out of those three yesterday. But, hey, that's not terrible.

JP said...

I spent all of Sunday at Figlio... drinking 36 glasses of wine. But it was raining out.

Jess said...

That sounds pretty fan-fucking-tastic.