15 April 2008

Random Tuesday Night Drinking.

Oh, how I love spontaneity! KayGee (I see you!) called while I was driving home from work tonight and we decided to go out and have a few drinks. It was entirely too windy to sit on the deck or go for a walk, so what other choice did we have?

I honestly can't remember the last time just the two of us hung out. It was so totally lovely to get to talk and have some cheap drinks. I haven't been to Rudolph's for Happy Hour in ages. God, they have some good Happy Hour grub. And it's really great to know I can work late, go home, change and catch the bus and still get two Happy Hour (two-for-one!) drinks.

We're going to try to do this more often, but you know how that always goes. But it is Spring and everything is different in the Spring, you know?

4 comments:

StoopidNoodle said...

Oddly, I was also at Rudolph's tonight for the same lack of a quality reason. We, however, thought the food was unappetizing and hit up Lyle's instead. It was almost a Stella patio night. Yea it was windy out, but it was so nice otherwise and we were so desperate for patio fare that we almost risked it.

Jess said...

No way, really? I wonder if we were there at the same time.

Man, that pulled pork sandwich on the Happy Hour menu sure is appetizing, but if you're not in the mood for a ton of meat, I can see how Rudolph's fare might not seem all that great.

It's hard these first marginally-nice days to not go completely overboard because you're so starved for drinking-outside time. But we'll have plenty of that in the months to come. Thank the Baby Jebus.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Excellent use of a Tuesday night, Jess.

Are you ever a patron of Black Forest?

Jess said...

Oh, why thanks! But all credit should go to KayGee. If she hadn't called, I would have gone to the gym.

You know, I've never been to Black Forest. That doesn't seem right.