07 April 2008

Oh, honestly. Why don't you just give up?

It's been two months since I worked out in the evening, save for maybe one yoga class. It's April, for God's sake. But has the crowd dissipated? Not very fucking much. Look people, I admire your dedication. But I'm sick of you being here!

Maybe it's just because the weather is still so shitty and people aren't running and shit outside yet. Whatever the reason, I really expected to see a smaller crowd when I got there tonight. Guess I have to wait another month or two yet. Big sigh.

Work seemed not as bad today, even though I got yelled at, along with my coworkers. Seems we fucked something up on Friday and I should have known to do something that I didn't know I was supposed to do and I only might be asked to do in the future. Um, sure. I'll be making a note of that. I just checked and "mind reading" is not listed under the "Other Skills" heading of my resume. I'll see if I can't get on that, though.

It feels good to be back to a routine. Saying that kind of makes me sad, but a routine keeps me in check for the most part. And when you step out of that routine life suddenly feels a lot more fun. You know?

2 comments:

I'm Frank said...

My weekday routine is so fixed that I could go through a whole 5 days in my sleep, which is what I do most of the time. Then I spend all my Saturdays at track meets, meaning that I only have one day to do anything really wild and fun...and I usually spend this day in bed with the curtains shut.

Jess said...

Well, you certainly can't spend the day in bed with the curtains open.