28 April 2008

The heat is on.

It's very sad that I was so happy to arrive home from work today to a heated apartment. But damn, it's nice to not have to be wearing a hat and scarf and four layers of shirts. The Boy I Currently Like made me feel like a baby because I was complaining about the cold. In fact, he straight-up called me a baby. But fuck, y'all, being outside when it's 55 degrees is entirely different than sitting in your apartment all day when it's 55 degrees.

But I have one less thing hanging over my head now. Work wasn't the most horrible thing in the world today. I left mostly on time. Got my Maple-Bacon Lollipops in the mail today. Had a good workout. Watching the new House. Have an empty-stomach, post-workout buzz.

There seemed to be other things I thought about saying, but they are all gone from my brain right now. Such is life. At least I'm not bitching about my shitty job, right?

7 comments:

scargosun said...

It's the little things that make us happy. Heat is a very, very good one.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

The Boy You Currently Like called you a baby?

GAH!

Jess said...

He calls me a baby fairly often. I think I call him a baby from time to time, as well. I know for sure I called him a pussy last week.

So, you know, I'm pretty sure it's mostly in fun.

I'm Frank said...

Maple...bacon...lollipops?? Did I just read that right. If so...my God...I'll have to order some of those once I'm done eating yet another bar of that chocolate with bacon bits inside.

Jess said...

You're right, scargosun. Little things are totes important.

Frank, you did read that correctly. I've not tried them yet. I'm trying to decide who I should ask to be my taste-testing partner. It probably won't be The Boy I Currently Like, because he was totally off-put by the bacon chocolate bar, but he told me about the suckers.

Shelb said...

Was this the 4-hour new House marathon? I missed it due to being at Boyfriends' parents and my polite "I don't care what we watch" (read: I'M DYING TO WATCH HOUSE!!). I'll catch up eventually though...

Jess said...

It's actually four new House episodes, one each week. I thought for a moment that there it was four in a row on one night, too. Stupid Fox!