03 March 2008

Stuff 'n' junk.

I got a catalog in the mail today from Kohl's, advertising their semi-annual shoe and handbag sale. Just what I want to browse through when I'm unemployed! Thanks, dicks (same to you, Sephora). Fortunately, there isn't anything in there I feel like I need desperately, or even that I want mildly. I love, love, love handbags, but I've hated nearly everything I've seen in the stores for ... Oh, I'd say at least a year. I can only remember buying one purse in 2007. That is unreal.

Even if I had seen something I fancied in the catalog, any desires would have gone away the second I reached page 11 and saw -- jelly shoes. Wait. Jelly shoes? Oh, hell no. Enough with bringing back our awful '80s fashion mistakes! Those things were ridiculous. They hurt your feet and made them sweat, so you'd slide all over the place inside your shoes. Also, they were ugly. These appear to be no different. Well, they do seem to have an actual sole, which might solve the sliding-around-in-your-own-feet-sweat problem. Um, score? Fortunately, I don't see myself suddenly having a change-of-heart and embracing jelly shoes. I subscribe to the "If you are old enough to have worn it the first time around, don't wear it when it comes back" philosophy.

On to other things. My hands are so fucking dry. I am disgusted by my finger nails. Fuck off, winter.

I noticed something Saturday night when we were playing Wii. It seems that girls are way more stoked about creating their Miis than boys are. When The Boy I Currently Like showed up the day I got my Wii, I was all, "Oh, you have to create your Mii before you start!" He took all of two seconds to create it. And I was all, "But ... don't you want to ..." No, Jess. He just wants to play the game.

On Saturday, Macho Man did the same damn thing. Well, he did spend a tiny bit more time fucking around with it, just because we were all egging him on. Now, when the girls were making theirs? It's all trying a bunch of different hairstyles, fucking endlessly with eye shapes, trying out the penis nose, eliciting squeals of delight when trying out a Fu Manchu on your female Wii ... you know, that kind of stuff. I can't say I'm terribly surprised by this, especially with the crew of girls who were here. They were a girly bunch.

In other news, I think I've been getting a little too much family time. I've been going to my nephew's basketball games every weekend and that usually means a little extra family time over lunch afterward. I don't know why I've been going to all the games. It's fun to watch him and there's a good bit of hilarity, but I usually don't go to nearly all of his games in a season. I think I've just gotten into the habit. It'll be nice when they're done and I can start going to yoga on Saturday mornings again.

There's no end in sight to this family shit, either. I'm kind of dreading being around my sister this weekend because damn, she was a bitch on Saturday. And then I have to get my hair done next week and my mom is trying to get me to come down for a day or two. Jesus Christ, people. Just because I don't have a job doesn't mean I don't have shit to do here.

Ugh. This got a lot crankier than I intended it to be. Sorry.

1 comment:

JP said...

I loved creating my MII... so much fun!

I have also noticed that about men, they don't really care.