24 March 2008

*sigh*

After finishing up my work on the writing sample I will be turning in tomorrow, I decided to scan my standby websites to see if there were any new jobs posted for which I could apply. And right there, near the top of today's postings, was the job for which I'm doing the previously-mentioned writing sample.

At the moment, I'm still trying to choose between tears, beating my head against the wall or just saying, "Whatever," and pouring a glass of wine.

Oh, sure. I could be jumping to conclusions. They did say they were impressed with me after my interview. Maybe they're reposting it in case my writing sample sucks. Who knows?

It's just really disheartening.

Really, super disheartening.

12 comments:

Brian in Mpls said...

I wish I could help you

Jess said...

Thanks, dude.

Red wine, Wii and the realization that they know I had several other interviews which could lead to job offers have made me feel a little less like slitting my wrists for the time being.

I'm Frank said...

There are few problems that wine cannot solve :)

Jess said...

A-fucking-men, Frank. A-fucking-men.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I can totally relate. I interviewed for a job and the next day I noticed they re-posted the ad. Damn. By the weekend, you'll have moved on.

Jerious Norwood said...

If there is any god, and if the neat summation of life's problems as promised in your average sitcom is any guide, your large breasts will get you this "writing sample" job, and your new boss will make inappropriate, yet non-creepy, allusions to your bust-size which fuel a few nicely written blog posts.

Regardless,I hope that the general suckitude of life doesn't get you down. Remember. You've got a nice rack.

Jess said...

The [Cherry] Ride: OMG, I didn't know you read my blog. It totally sucks, doesn't it? I'm sure you're right, that I'll be over it by the weekend. I just wish it wasn't fucking Monday.

Jerious Norwood, I really can't say anything other than: You rule.

Jerious Norwood said...

Just trying to maintain a little perspective is all.

Jess said...

Lord knows I sometimes need someone to smack me into seeing things in perspective.

Jerious Norwood said...

Even above your perversions, I hope it all works out.

JP said...

Most days I wish I was in your shoes.. forced to look for another job. But man it sure could be a major downer after a while..

I'm not sure what is better, having a job that you slightly hate or no job at all..

Something good will happen soon!

Jess said...

Oh, come on Jerious. Perversions are fun. Still, thanks.

JP, of course I think I'd rather have a job I slightly hate. Wait. No, I wouldn't. I haven't been out of a job so long that I'm willing to do something I'd hate. Money would be nice, but this misery is temporary.

I hope.