11 March 2008

Does Lunch Lady Doris interview well?

We'll find out tomorrow, suckers. I have no idea what the etiquette is for interviewing when you have a cold. Will they notice the Vick's VapoRub gleaming on my cleavage? What if I devolve into a horrible coughing fit? And I don't even want to tell y'all what's been happening when I sneeze from time to time. But shit, they only called 24 hours in advance, so I'm guessing there's some sort of hurry. I want to be accomodating.

This is how dumb I am -- I was plugging away on the treadmill on Thursday and the thought popped into my head that it's really too bad I've been off work and not sick. I mean, if I'm going to be sick at the end of cold and flu season (which I am every single damn year), it would be best if it happened while I was unemployed, right? I didn't think anything of it when I busted out the inhaler I keep in the drawer of my coffee table later that night because I was all asthma-y. I'm like that chick in The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. I have inhalers stashed everywhere.

So, yay. I'm sick while I'm unemployed. I kind of forgot about the whole job interviewing thing. And since this cold started with a cough, I totally sound like Lunch Lady Doris. Sexy and professional, y'all.

I'm anticipating another wrinkle for tomorrow, too. I came home a bit ago to find no new faucet on my bathtub. Um, I was under the impression it was going to be fixed on Monday and that's why I went home. And it wasn't fixed today? What do you want to bet they show up tomorrow? God, I don't want to have to pack all my shit up again and haul it to the gym or my sister's place or something.

Know what? I'll deal with whatever happens as best I can. My hair and eyebrows look fabulous, at least.

This positive attitude has been brought to you by DayQuil and vodka.

2 comments:

Brian in Mpls said...

I like Aderal and Vodka :)

Good luck

Bethando said...

NICE! That's the breakfast of champions...