04 February 2008

Unemployment, Week One.

Starting my first full week of unemployment with a job interview is probably a good thing. I was a little worried about being hungover after last night (who the fuck drank all that wine?), but I didn't feel too poorly when I woke up. Whew.

I think my interview went well. The drive out there was so stressful because of the snow, that I focused solely on the drive and forgot I was totally nervous. I met with four different people over the course of almost two hours. One of the interviewers was a total cutie. Rawwwrrrrrrrr! I'm pretty sure I was flirting with him. Is that a bad thing to do on a job interview? If I was to be offered this job ... Hello, new Office Crush!

They seemed to be pleased with my skill set and intrigued by my writing abilities. The job is supposed to be mainly working with data, but it's a new position, so they talked about it being flexible and giving me whatever opportunities they could to do some writing. All I can do now is wait, though, I guess. Oh, well, I need to send my thank yous tomorrow.

So, back to last night ... Thank goodness the game was early, because the crowd up in this joint got awfully rowdy throughout the game. Everything I made went over very well. Macho Man's friend, the 21-year-old Gopher football walk-on, told me several times after he tried something else that I'd made, that I was "a baller in every possible category." I'm not too hip on the lingo the kids are using these days, but I think it's a good thing.

I saw all of two commercials that didn't suck so bad they made me want to hurt someone. What happened? They used to be so good. Bring back Terry Tate, Office Linebacker!

Granted, I did miss a lot of the game and the commercials because I was busy making drinks (Jameson with Diet 7-Up and bitters) and making more food. But! I saw the most important part of the game. The deliciousness of the Patriots first loss of the season. Mwahahahahahahahaha! Oh, it was delightful.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oooh! I hope you get it! Office Crush would be so much fun to read about in the blog!

I mean, I hope you get the job for other reasons, too, but that would just be an added bonus.

Jess said...

Oh, why thanks. I hope I get it because, well, I need a job.