03 February 2008

Super Sunday.

Ah, the last Sunday of football (please, the Pro Bowl doesn't count). After being lost last week, I feel as if I have a purpose again today. And that purpose is hosting a Super Bowl party. Whoooo!

I'm somehow going to try to cram 13 people into my not-very-large apartment to watch the game. There were 11 people here last year, so I'm sure we can squeeze in a couple more this time around. And granted, not everyone will actually be watching the game. Several of my friends are really only coming to hang out and eat. Oh, and drink of course.

Yesterday I spent most of the day preparing for today -- making chocolate chip cookies, sloppy joes and the mixture for the olive cheese bread I'm making today. Oh, but I'm not done. I still have to make the vegetarian sloppy joes and bourbon bread before people show up. Shit. I've got like, two hours.

Unfortunately, I need to watch my booze consumption today because I have a job interview tomorrow morning. It's a sacrifice I'm pretty glad to have to make after what happened last week.

I'm not making any predictions today. Oh, I made some picks at the start of the playoffs and I still expect the Pats to win, but I just don't fucking care. I'm just so fucking sick of hearing about the Pats and I'm tired of the douchey portion of their fan base. So, fuck it.

Today also marks one year ago that I began my correspondence with The Boy I Currently Like. It's hard to believe it's been a year, but on the other hand it's not. I don't have any sappy proclamations to make or anything. I'm just really glad I decided to e-mail him when I did, instead of responding in a different manner when, OH. MY. GOD. HE'S TALKING TO ME. HE KNOWS I EXIST. I'd had a crush on him for months and then all of a sudden, here he is, noticing my existence. It was terribly exciting.

Enjoy the big game, sweeties. I need to finish getting ready!

6 comments:

JP said...

good luck on the interview tomorrow.

Jess said...

Thanks, baby!

Jen said...

Sending good luck vibes to you today from the deep south!

Also, next time I visit, you have to make some of that olive cheese bread. I should've read your blog yesterday because I would've totally made it for our SuperBowl get together.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Good Luck on your interview today! Knock em dead!

Jess said...

Thanks, y'all. It seemed to go pretty well.

Jen, that olive cheese bread was delish! It's definitely in my repertoire.

the boy she currently likes said...

You losers! Who cares about the job--didn't you see that this is the one year anniversary of me and her?

Get with the program, bitches.