29 February 2008

It's about damn time.

Oh my God. My Bally was being wired for ... um, Dish Network, I think. Christ, I just got home. You'd think I could remember what the dude's shirt said. Stupid booze ruining my brain cells.

Anyway, I am totes excited, y'all. This might mean that I won't be subject to the regular network TV horribleness that makes me want to vomit. I say "might" because clearly, people suck and plenty of them actually enjoy that excrement. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to watch the Wolves and Twins. And Monday Night Football! Or something other than The View and Montell when I'm there during the day. Ach! Be still my beating heart.

I've been wondering for years why they don't have cable or something. The Bloomington Bally has it. The Y in Mankato had cable. I'm far more prone to stay on a machine longer if I'm watching a game or something. I wonder if there will be a learning curve for some of these gym douches when it comes to channel-changing etiquette. At the Y, I would ask everyone who seemed like they could see the TV if I could switch it to the Twins game or the Wolves game or whatever. People were generally really good about it, but there was always the odd fuckstain who would just walk right the fuck up and change the TV without so much as a look to see if anyone was watching whatever was on. And you know they always turned it to something like Fear Factor. Dicks.

As long as I'm on the subject of the gym, I've been wondering about something. There are lots of older people at the gym during the day and I see many of them listening to iPods. What the hell do you think old people listen to on their iPods? How did they get to be so technologically savvy? I can't imagine my mom or dad using one, or God forbid, my grandparents. I'm so fucking curious about this.

8 comments:

Brian in Mpls said...

I go to the Bally in Richfield, but I never notice the TV's I should pay more attention

JP said...

My mom has an Ipod and she listens to everything I suggest to her. Its pretty awesome to watch her with it.

Also, both my parents will do text messaging when I need them to. It is kind of fun!

crushthemall said...

They listen to the Foo Fighters, Radiohead, and OK GO.

They like OK GO because of that one treadmill video.

Jess said...

You seem to know an awful lot about the listening habits of oldsters.

My parents don't text and I hope to the sweet Baby Jebus that they never do. It's bad enough that my mom e-mails.

Kaiser said...

Jess! Have you forsaken us!??

Jess said...

Oh no! Please don't hate me. I knew some shit would get fucked up when I tinkered with my links.

I'm so very, very sorry. Will you ever forgive me?

Bethando said...

My dad is the ipod king. I catch him everyonce in awhile "bopping around" to 50's music or big band stuff. It's a sight to behold and is trully as dorky and as embarrassing as it sounds. He's pretty good on the computer so he figured out how to put the music in his ipod all by himself.

Kaiser said...

Not to worry...we're forgiving. We haven't exactly been...what's the word..."writing" much until very recently. But now we're back for Twins 2008!!!