05 February 2008

Brother Ali works out at my gym.

I could have sworn I mentioned this the first time I saw him, but I can't find a record of it. Stupid shoddy memory.

It was back in August, probably a Thursday night. I had just finished up on the treadmill and I saw this dude on an elliptical machine who I could have sworn was Brother Ali. I mean, if I didn't know any better. Granted, there aren't a lot of big albino dudes around town, much less working out at my gym. So, perhaps the chances that it actually was Brother Ali were better than one would initially think.

I didn't see him up close until right before I left. I was sitting on the floor outside the raquetball court, stretching. He came over to talk to some dudes who were going to play raquetball. He was standing about two feet in front of me. Once I heard his voice, I was sure it was him.

I didn't see him again until this morning. Nothing like a (local?) celebrity sighting to brighten up your gloomy, unemployed day.

No comments: