26 February 2008

At least I can be there for my friends.

So, I suck at life and no one wants to hire me. But as it turns out, I'm not completely useless. Mrs. Dirk is going through some shit right now. She called last night in the midst of a bit of a breakdown and among other things, decided she needed a mental health day today.

Fortunately for her, I don't have to be anywhere today. It won't kill me to skip the gym. I can get some work done this morning. The dishes and errands can wait. My arm is sore from playing the Wii, so I can take some time off from that. Tom and Jerry will be here when I get home.

What's important today is that I show up at Liquor Lyle's later this morning to be a good friend. It's good to feel like I'm doing something at least mildly productive.

3 comments:

JP said...

damn I wish I didn't have to work and I could be Liquor Lyle's first thing today!

I do hope she is ok!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

I'd be there too - if I didn't have this damn job....

HMPPPFFFF!

Jess said...

She's doing alright.

Just know that if you need a mental health day for drinking and a sympathetic ear, I'm your girl!