22 January 2008

The things you do for love.

I got up at 6:00 yesterday on my day off to hang out with my nephew. He had no school. However, that didn't mean teachers (including my sister) didn't have to work. This is my cue to step in and be a good aunt.

Did I stop with just making sure he didn't burn the house down? Oh no. I took him to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. Jesus H. Christ. What a steaming pile of shit. How hard do you have to suck to take David Cross and make him painfully unfunny? And let me tell you, a movie like that is only enhanced by two screaming babies and various parents yelling at their various spawn.

But the kid liked the movie and that's what is important. I'm still a little pissed I didn't get to play any Guitar Hero, though.

5 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Alvin & the Chipmunks?? ugh...feel your pain.

Muffy's Bestie said...

THAT BAD? seriously?? C.R.A.P. My 10 yr old has been bugging me for weeks to go see that one. God, maybe my Ex won't get wind of how bad it is, and take him this weekend. Thanks for the update...I will continue to come up with excuses with my 10 yr old!!

Jess said...

Well, I managed to keep my eyes in their sockets despite all the rolling. And I didn't hurt myself or collapse into a sobbing heap on the sticky floor. But only just barely.

Jen said...

I forsee alot of this in my future. Glad to know someone else will feel my pain.

Jess said...

For what it's worth, I usually get to go to good movies with him.