08 January 2008

One more thing to contain at the gym.

My hair is out of control. But in a mostly good way, I think. It's only been about a month since I had it done, but in the last couple of weeks there seems to be so much more of it than there was. So much more than before that all of a sudden, I'm having trouble keeping it up at the gym. Or anywhere else for that matter. It's just more noticeable at the gym, I guess.

I normally pull my hair into a half-assed bun when I work out with an Ouchless hair elastic. I've been using the same size for a few years now, but they are apparently no longer working. Maybe I got a bad batch that stretches out on the first couple of uses? Maybe I need to go up to the thicker ones? I do not know. I just know that my hair is falling out of its containment after about five minutes on the treadmill.

Much of my (relatively minor, I admit) hair drama is probably due to the fact that I recently switched back to TIGI's Curls Rock shampoo after using Aveda's Brilliant shampoo for probably six months or so. My hair is just way bigger than it was before. And I have a lot of hair as it is. My curls look loads better, too. Yay! Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to be tangling as much. I mean, save for a few occasions where it was a complete rat's nest.

So, now I have to try to figure out how to contain my hair while modifying my boob control systems, as those seem to be starting to lose their power. The camisole with a shelf bra that I would wear over another bra to yoga class is suddenly too big and my tits keep falling out in a bunch of different poses. A couple of months ago, I could barely breathe with it on.

My sports bras are stretching out after one or two uses, leading to entirely too much bouncing. I'm considering investing in some of these monstrosities with my tax refund, but I'm afraid of paying $50 or $60 for a single fucking sports bra that might be too big in another six months. I suppose it might be best to just stick with the current Multi-Bra Boob Control System and buy a few new stretchy sports bras to replace the ones who have served so valiantly.

I'm already planning to buy new regular bras because the ones I just bought in November are going to be too big soon enough. Though, I'm only dropping in the band size -- my actual boobies don't seem to be going anywhere. In fact, I feel like I'm spilling out of a couple of bras. I'm considering trying a cup size larger with the smaller band. This is terrifying, because while Freddie's does still make that size in my favorite bras, that's as far as they go.

Losing weight is awesome, but Jesus is it fucking expensive.

PS: As I figured, the New Year's Resolutioners were waiting until the first Monday of the new year to get in gear -- they packed the gym last night.

4 comments:

crushthemall said...

"Boob Control System". It's too bad that has to happen. I understand why, but, at the same time, I also can't.

Oh...I need to remind myself that I can't click on your links while I'm at work. I could get in trouble!

Jess said...

It's a safety issue. No one needs to get hurt by errant boobs. Especially me.

Christ, when did I turn into the asshole with all the NSFW links? I really need to stop that. Sorry!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Buying the $50 bra is definitely worth it, and most of them adjust to different band sizes, so you could get away with them for longer. Try: www.titlenine.com

Their bras are good stuff.

Jess said...

Bless your heart, Muffy. I wasn't aware that band sizes adjusted. SCORE!

I've heard lots of good things about Title Nine, but haven't ever bought anything from them. I believe I shall be doing so soon, though.