11 December 2007

Time off.

Oh, hurrah! I finally got approval today to take the week between Christmas and New Year's off from work. I have a buttload of vacation time amassed and since my plan to take a week off in October to go to a show every night didn't pan out, I figured this was my next best bet.

Now, of course, I don't even have to take a full week off. Christmas Eve and Christmas day are freebies and I'll have to spend them with the fam, anyway. No idea what I'll do the rest of that week, but I know KayGee and The Prison Librarian also have the week off, so I am hoping for some afternoon drinking shenanigans. This of course, would take place after my late-morning visit to the gym. It will be nice to have a few non-crowded days at the gym before the onslaught of New Year's Resolutioners. God, I fucking hate those people so much.

It is very likely that I would have taken New Year's Eve off, as well, since I'll be heading to Iowa to see a reunited House of Large Sizes play in Cedar Falls. This is my very first real trip to Iowa, y'all. How exciting! This trip should go much better than the disaster of a trip to Madison for New Year's Eve with the World's Worst Wing Woman a couple of years ago. New Year's Eve is totally amateur night and almost always a disappointment, but going to a show is something I do all the time. So, it isn't like we're making some special plan for a fancy dinner and buying a new outfit and all that. Just an overnight road trip to see a band we all really like. Honestly, if I'm with my favorite people in the world, it is going to be a fun time.

With two weekends of family stuff on the horizon and having to finish my fucking Christmas shopping, it's really nice to know I just have to get through the rest of this week and the next. Actually, I'm much further along with my Christmas shopping than I usually am at this time of year. I think I'm about halfway there at least. Still have to do stupid Christmas cards, though. This year, I'm only sending them to people who send them to me. Everyone else can go fuck themselves.

3 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Be sure to stop by The O.P. in Cedar Falls. It was the only hot spot I knew of in that town.... back in school...so that's quite a long time ago. Good Luck!

Jen said...

I decided not to send Christmas cards out this year, so I'll go ahead and fuck myself.

Jess said...

I'll make a note of that, Muffy.

Jen, I applaud your decision to not send Christmas cards. So much in fact, that I now feel compelled to send you one. Dammit! I'll never escape this Christmas card hell.