12 December 2007

How am I supposed to be calm now?

Damn it all to fucking Hell. My yoga class was canceled tonight. I was so looking forward to it. I only got to the gym four days last week and now this week I'll only be getting there three days.

I totally would have stayed and done cardio (I lifted last night), but I was just wearing a camisole with a shelf bra over my regular bra. There is just no way I can get on the treadmill or God forbid, the elliptical machine, without a sport bra over my regular bra. Stupid boobs.

The Boy I Currently Like (who, since he didn't object when I mentioned it earlier today, shall henceforth be known as Sweet Can) thinks I'm still sick because I was going to the gym instead of resting. So, I'll be resting tonight. And when I say "resting" I mean getting drunk on red wine and watching basketball. I was going to try to make a gingerbread cake to serve at the Thursday Night Football party tomorrow night, but I'll wait and do that after work tomorrow. Then my apartment will smell delicious when everyone gets here.

11 comments:

Muffy Willowbrook said...

You must be a work out machine!

Jess said...

I've been trying to be -- five or six days a week, sometimes eight or nine days in a row before I took a day off.

But with being sick and the impending holidays, I'll be lucky to get four days a week the rest of the year. Ugh, and then I'll have to deal with the New Year's Resolutioners. Bah.

At least I'm going, though, right?

Mr. Shain said...

oooh, i miss getting drunk on red wine and then going to yoga!

Jess said...

How is going to yoga drunk, Shain? I've gone hungover (not enough time to get drunk in time for my 9:30 a.m. class on Saturday) and that is a nightmare.

Not to say that I've never done yoga while drunk. In fact, I do it all the damn time with my friend KayGee. We get drinking, then talking about yoga and then we're doing poses all over the place. Wheeeeee!

JP said...

Where does one get motivation like that? I need just a little more than I got right now... I got home and pass out cause I'm exhausted. (or maybe I just think I am)

Jess said...

I honestly can't tell you where the initial motivation comes from when I've taken some time off from the gym. Disgust, maybe?

But it doesn't take me too long to get to the point where I feel bad or gross or stressed or crazy if I skip a day or two, so even if I'm sick or wiped out, I go to the gym.

Though, I don't feel too bad if I skip the gym to drink with my friends.

Sweet Can said...

I'd like to hear more about this Sweet Can fella. He sounds awfully interesting.

Gummy Venus de milo said...

I'm with sweet can. Sweet Can makes a good point. I'm with the Sweet Can.

Jess said...

See, this is why I like you Sweet Can. And your sweet, sweet can of course.

Big Blue Monkey said...

Simpsons references and a cute little pooper is all one needs to seduce this particular blogmistress.

Point noted.

Jess said...

Oh, come on. I'm not that easy.